1. Hiring Locally for Farm Work Is No Cure-All (NYT): A Colorado farmer figured work on his farm would be snapped up by jobless local residents wanting some extra summer cash. “It didn’t take me six hours to realize I’d made a heck of a mistake.”
2. President Obama goes on the attack, to Democrats’ delight (WaPo): “Truman was another deeply unpopular Democratic president in the midst of an economic recession; he won another term in 1948 by attacking the Republicans, earning the nickname ‘Give ’Em Hell Harry.’”
3. A requiem for a pair of headphones. (World’s Biggest Corporation)
4. Jeff Mangum of Neutral Milk Hotel gives impromptu solo show for Occupy Wall Street protestors. Beware ears: raucous, screeching sing-alongs ahead. (Pitchfork)
5. Domu Ads. Stupid. Annoying. Chicago. (An oldie but goldie!)
6. Men photographed in stereotypical pin-up poses.